Llegar a Baena
If you have decided to get to know Holy Week in Baena, a true drum festival in the south of Spain, you should know that you have different options to get to the city where it is celebrated. You can come by plane, train, bus or private vehicle. It all depends on where you are visiting us from, although Baena has a privileged geographical location in the center of Andalusia and, therefore, offers numerous alternatives. Some of them are listed below.
Andalusia has direct and daily flights to many cities throughout Europe. It is very easy to land at one of our airports. The closest ones are those of Granada, Malaga and Seville.
- Sevilla Airport (SVQ). Telephone: (+34) 954 44 90 00 Distance to Baena: 170 Km
- Málaga airport (AGP). Telephone (+34) 91 321 10 00 Distance to Baena: 138 Km
- Granada airport (GRX). Teephone (+34) 958 24 52 00 Distance to Baena: 96 Km
Then you must continue your route using another means of transport. From the aforementioned cities you can choose the conventional train or the high-speed train (AVE) to the city of Córdoba, concluding your trip to Baena by road.
Due to the situation generated by COVID-19, it is advisable to reconfirm the information with the different companies, as some services have been temporarily affected.
If you have arrived in Andalusia through one of the recommended airports, you can travel to Córdoba using the railway network that connects the entire Autonomous Community. The most relevant would be the following:
- Sevilla train station “Santa Justa”. Telephone: (+34) 912 32 03 20. Estimated time of arrival in Central Córdoba: 42/54 minutes
- Málaga train station“María Zambrano”. Telephone (+34) 952 350 061.Estimated time of arrival in Central Córdoba: 1 hour and 4 minutes
- Granada train station “Estación de Andaluces“. Telephone (+34) 912 432 343. Estimated time of arrival in Central Córdoba: 1h and 37 minutes
The last section of the route to Baena must be done by road and for this you can do it by bus from the Córdoba station or by private or public service vehicle. If you want to rent one without a driver, you can do it at the same stations where there are company offices dedicated to it. There are also taxi stands next to them where you could arrange a service to the destination town.
Possibly, the car is the preferred means of transport for a good part of our visitors. If this is your case, you could plan the route to follow with one of these assistants.
If you choose to continue your journey by bus, you can do so from the Córdoba station, located opposite the railway station.
You have all the necessary information in the bus station web.
It is advisable to plan the trip in advance since Holy Week in Baena, with its characteristic drums, is a massive festival and the city considerably increases the number of visitors during these dates. Reservations for accommodation, guide services and the like must be made well in advance.